Do you want to submit real destination weddings photos? Destination Wedding Details is always looking for real destination wedding or trash the dress submissions from professional photographers. Please keep in mind that in order for your submission to be accepted, it must include as many wedding detail shots as possible and mostly outdoor photos which showcase the natural beauty/landscape of the destination.
This site is all about inspiring couples to think outside of the box with fun, unique, and creative ideas. We like to feature photos from all real destination weddings, whether it was a simple, intimate ceremony or a huge, extravagant celebration. The most important requirement is that the photos have strong attention to the details and showcase the destination.
Destination Wedding Details is an exclusive online publication — we do not accept wedding submissions that have been featured or are scheduled to be published on another wedding blog, other than your own personal blog.
We will make an exception for real destination weddings featuring couples from underrepresented communities.. As a publication that values inclusivity, we will give priority to ethnically/racially diverse, multi-cultural and same-sex destination weddings. When submitting, please indicate if your submission has already been published or submitted to another online wedding publication.
How to Submit Real Destination Weddings:
- You can submit real destination weddings to be published by filling out this submission form -or- via Matchology
- We can only accept submissions for publication if they are submitted via one of the two methods indicated above. If you have questions about the submission process or guidelines, you can email Cynthia (at) DestinationWeddingDetails (dotcom).
- Please submit at least 100-150 photos from the wedding
- High-Resolution JPEG format
- All Photos must be at least 2,000px wide
- Photos cannot include any watermarks or logos
- If your submission is accepted, we will request a full list of vendors including links and email addresses.
- Please include the bride or groom’s email address with your submission, if possible.
- We always contact the bride/groom to get some insight into their inspiration and destination wedding experience.
Here are some ideas of the types of photos you should consider submitting:
- Photojournalistic/candid shots of the couple (getting ready, the first kiss, walking down the aisle, first look, etc)
- Decorations (flowers, chuppah, arch, table, chairs, reception décor, etc..)
- Accessories (full body shots of the bride’s dress, veil, bouquet, jewelry, shoes, hair)
- Outdoor scenery (scene setting shots that show off the destination’s landscape/natural beauty, ceremony/reception venue, sunset/sunrise shots)
- Giveaways (welcome bags, favors, keepsakes, etc..)
- Stationary (escort cards, seating cards, invitations, menu, guest books, signs)
- Food (cake, buffet, candy bar, specialty drinks)
- Bridal Party’s Attire (shots of bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen attire)
- Any decoration or detail that stands out or is unique
- A few portraits of the couple. The key word here is “few”. While I want to see portraits of the couple, they should not make up the majority of the album. Choose your very best portrait shots of the couple to submit.
You can see some of our recently published real wedding and styled features here to get an idea of our style. We look forward to sharing your amazing work with our audience!
Banner Image Photo Credit: Morgan Lynn Photography