Destination Wedding travel packages are popping up everywhere as major airlines try to keep up with the growing popularity of “weddingmoons”. Are you wondering where you can find the best ones? Keep reading to learn more about some awesome deals that will make the journey to “I do” more affordable not just for you, but for your friends and family too!
Popular Destination Wedding Travel Packages
United & Delta Destination Wedding Travel Packages
Both United Airlines and Delta have designed some attractive travel packages for couples getting married away from home. Not only will you get some good discounts and offers, your guests can save some money on their travel too.
- Every time your friends and family book an air & hotel package to attend your destination wedding, they’ll get a discount of $50 – $200 depending on the total package cost.
- The airline will give you a promo code which you can pass on to each guests. All they have to do is enter that code at the time of purchase to get their discount.
What could be even better that?
- Well, you will also get a $50 rebate for each air & hotel package that your guests purchase. Some resorts will even match the rebate – which can bring your total rebate up to $100 for each booking.
- Many of the resorts included in their packages offer free or very cheap wedding packages if you stay a certain number of nights or have a minimum number of guests booking at the resort.
- Once you reserve your wedding travel package, the airline’s travel specialists will put you in touch with the resort’s on-site planner to start coordinating the details of your big day.
United and Delta also give you the option to reserve your destination wedding and travel package with a deposit, and pay the rest of your balance closer to the travel date.
There’s always a but, so here goes…
- They have restrictions, so make sure you read the fine print. At the time I wrote this, they have a required minimum night stay and will only give you rebates up to the total cost of your package.
Hawaiian Air Packages
- Hawaiian Air has a program called Wedding Wings that will give your guests discounted fares. Plus, you’re eligible for a free upgrade when 40 guests book a flight to your destination wedding.
- Like the other airlines, they’ll send you a free insert to inform your guests of the special promo code.
If you’re planning to get married abroad, there’s no reason you or your guests should be paying full price for your airfare and accommodations. Just do your research and you can end up with a wedding travel package that will save you significant time and money! If you’re trying to figure out how to coordinate accommodations for your guests, make sure you check out this post to discover you can get the most discounted hotel rooms for your guests.
NOTE: The above information is based on my own experience and research I have done. Because things change so frequently, you should always check with the airlines to ensure that they are still providing these services and discounts. This post does not guarantee any availability or that the same discounts will be available at the time of purchase.
Are Free Destination Weddings Really Free?
Are you wondering if those free destination wedding packages you keep hearing about are really “free”?! Get the full scoop on what is and isn’t included in the most popular free wedding packages throughout the Caribbean and Mexico.
Featured:Contest for The Best Destination Wedding of 2017
Do you think that you (or someone you know) had the best destination wedding of 2017? Show off your photos and tell your story for a chance to win one of 13 AMAZING prizes, including $3,000 cash or a romantic getaway to over-water bungalows.
Plus your photos will be featured on our blog and social media for the world to see!
Do You Have a Destination Wedding Planning Question?
We have answers! Check out 11 frequently asked questions plus ask any question on your mind and we’ll answer you personally.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- 16 Breathtaking Destination Wedding Ceremony Decorations - December 15, 2017
- The Next Generation Destination Wedding Travel Company - December 6, 2017
- Did You Have one of the Best Destination Weddings of 2017? - December 6, 2017