It’s done. The vows have been said, the cake has been eaten, and the bouquet has been thrown. All your hard work and planning led to an amazing day full of beautiful memories. You deserve some rest, relaxation, and fun, right? Of course you do, and fortunately, it’s time for the honeymoon!
You’ve probably already got your bags packed and ready to go, and you’re eager to lounge around a beach resort, enjoy some amazing nightlife in a metropolitan city, or immerse yourself in the culture of a new country—maybe all three! You can’t wait to be footloose and fancy free with the love of your life, and you’re also excited to put your new honeymoon wardrobe to use, complete with your newest and most treasured accessories: your wedding jewelry. In fact, you’re probably planning to never take that bling off! As sweet as that sentiment is, you may want to make one little exception to that plan.
The Cherished Jewelry Conundrum
It’s completely understandable to want to immediately start getting used to the weight of that sparkle and shine on your now-married finger (to say nothing of showing it off), but it might be a good idea to hold off just a bit, like, until after you’re home from the honeymoon.
There are plenty of opportunities for us to lose pieces of jewelry in our everyday lives—such as when we’re getting messy or getting clean—but we usually have a general idea of where it was lost and are convinced it will turn up eventually. On your honeymoon however, you’re often in an unfamiliar place and far away from home—a super exciting environment, but not one conducive to things just turning back up. You so want to savor wearing your newest symbol of your love on your finger, but you’d be absolutely heartbroken if something happened to it. What’s a girl to do?
The Easy and Affordable Answer: Travel Jewelry
Fortunately, there’s an option that’s not only smart and cost-effective, but fun as well: check out a site like Dream Jewelry and buy yourself a beautiful (but far less precious) imposter to wear instead of the real deal. I know it will be difficult to part with your bridal baubles so soon after getting them, but after you return from your amazing honeymoon, you’ll have the rest of your life to spend wearing them.
In fact, since you’re doing the responsible things, why not treat yourself a bit and buy some other beautiful but affordable pieces? Maybe some earrings and a necklace to match that stunning set on your finger?
Or how about something funky and fun for eating out at a trendy spot? Dream Jewelry even provides individual boxes and pouches for all its wedding and travel collections, ensuring you won’t have to deal with any knots, snarls, or scratches when unpacking your new, fun finds.
And because we want to do our best to help you have the happiest honeymoon EVER, here are a few more jewelry-themed travel tips!
- If You Can’t Live Without It, Leave It at Home: When traveling (especially to unfamiliar places), don’t take any piece of jewelry you can’t afford to lose. It may make you a bit sad to take off your grandma’s high school ring you always wear, but you can soothe yourself with the notions that at least it will be safe at home, and now you obviously need to buy something else to wear instead.
- Be Picky About What You Pack: There’s absolutely no need to haul an entire jewelry box’s worth of contents on any trip. Aim for versatile pieces that can easily be dressed up or down (like gracefully simple pendants, chains, and bangles) and neutral stones that can easily mix and match with multiple looks (like simulated pearls and cubic zirconium).
- There’s Nothing Wrong with a Little Research: If you’re still not quite sure what styles of pieces to bring, go on the hunt for recent photos of people at your honeymoon destination or search for articles specifically focusing on the fashions of that particular locale. That way you’ll know if you should buy a few bright, bold colored pieces or defer to purchasing a more vintage style.
Now that you know how to travel with gorgeous jewelry without the worry, bon voyage! Make sure to take lots of pictures; your friends and family will have no idea that jewelry they’re complementing you on was so smart and affordable!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- A Stunning Glacier Destination Wedding in Alaska - December 22, 2016
- All-Inclusive Destination Wedding Resorts in Mexico for all Budgets - December 15, 2016
- Travel Jewelry for Your Honeymoon - December 6, 2016