Destination Wedding Details is always looking for real destination wedding or trash the dress submissions from professional photographers. Please keep in mind that in order for your submission to be accepted, it must include as many wedding detail shots as possible and mostly outdoor photos which showcase the natural beauty/landscape of the destination.
This site is all about inspiring destination and beach brides to think outside of the box with fun, unique, and creative ideas. We like to feature photos from all real destination weddings, whether it was a simple, intimate ceremony or a huge, extravagant celebration. The most important requirement is that the photos have a strong attention to the details and showcase the destination.
How to Submit:
- Via Matchology (this is my preferred method of submission)
- Dropbox file sent to cynthia (at) DestinationWeddingDetails (dotcom), with a subject line that starts with “Real Destination Wedding”. (For Example: “Real Destination Wedding in Cancun”)
- Please submit at least 100-150 photos from the wedding
- All Photos must be at least 750px wide
- High-Resolution JPEG format
- Please include a full list of vendors with your submission, including links.
- Please include the bride/groom’s email address with your submission, if possible.
- We always contact the bride/groom to get some insight into their inspiration and destination wedding experience.
Here are some ideas of the types of photos you should consider submitting:
- Photojournalistic/candid shots of the bride and groom (getting ready, first kiss, walking down the aisle, first look, etc)
- Decorations (flowers, chuppa, arch, table, chairs, reception décor, etc..)
- Bride’s accessories (full body shots of the bride’s dress, veil, bouquet, jewelry, shoes, hair)
- Outdoor scenery (scene setting shots that show off the destination’s landscape/natural beauty, ceremony/reception venue, sunset/sunrise shots)
- Giveaways (welcome bags, favors, keepsakes, etc..)
- Stationary (escort cards, seating cards, invitations, menu, guest books, signs)
- Food (cake, buffet, candy bar, specialty drinks)
- Bridal Party’s Attire (shots of bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen attire)
- Any decoration or detail that stands out or is unique
- A few portraits of the bride and groom. The key word here is “few”. While I want to see portraits of the bride and groom, they should not make up the majority of the album. Choose your very best portrait shots of the couple to submit.
You can see some of our recently published real wedding and styled features here to get an idea of our style. We look forward to sharing your amazing work with our audience!
Do You Have a Destination Wedding Planning Question?
We have answers! Check out 11 frequently asked questions plus ask any question on your mind and we’ll answer you personally.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- How to Find Your Perfect Destination Wedding Resort - October 26, 2017
- Debonair Vineyard Garden Wedding Inspiration in Verona Italy - October 11, 2017
- A Gorgeous White Orchid Beach House Wedding in Maui - October 10, 2017