Thank you for your interest in being featured on Destination Wedding Details! We love featuring real destination weddings from around the world. Our goal is to inspire couples to think outside of the box by showcasing beautiful destinations as well as fun, unique, and creative details. We feature photos from all real destination weddings, whether it was a simple, intimate ceremony or a huge, extravagant celebration. The most important requirement is that the photos have a strong attention to the details and showcase the natural beauty/landscape of the destination. We also love featuring trash the dress photo shoots!
Please note we have an exclusivity requirement for our featured content. We do not accept submissions that have been featured on another wedding blog (with exception to your own personal blog). If your submission is accepted by Destination Wedding Details, you are free to submit it to another publication 2 months after we publish it. Occasionally, we will waive the exclusivity requirement for real destination weddings that are diverse or unique.
Please review the following submission guidelines.
How to Submit:
- All weddings submitted must have taken place within the past 12 months
- The wedding must have been a destination wedding for the couple and their guests. We define a destination wedding as a wedding venue that is at least 300 miles from the couple’s home.
- Please submit at least 100-150 photos from the wedding
- High-Resolution JPEG format
- All Photos must be at least 1500px wide or larger
- Photos cannot include any watermarks or borders. Please do not submit collages.
- Please ensure images are predominantly color as opposed to black and white.
- The photos must not have been published in another digital publication prior to being published on Destination Wedding Details
Types of Photos You Should Submit:
- Outdoor scenery (scene setting shots that show off the destination’s landscape/natural beauty, ceremony/reception venue, sunset/sunrise shots). The majority of the photos submitted should be outdoor shots.
- Photojournalistic/candid shots of the bride and groom (getting ready, first kiss, walking down the aisle, first look, etc)
- Decorations (flowers, chuppah, arch, table, chairs, reception décor, etc..)
- Bride’s accessories (full body shots of the bride’s dress, veil, bouquet, jewelry, shoes, hair)
- Giveaways (welcome bags, favors, keepsakes, etc..)
- Stationary (escort cards, seating cards, invitations, menu, guest books, signs)
- Food (cake, buffet, candy bar, specialty drinks)
- Bridal Party’s Attire (shots of bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen attire)
- Any decoration or detail that stands out or is unique
- A few portraits of the bride and groom. The key word here is “few”. While I want to see portraits of the bride and groom, they should not make up the majority of the album. Choose your very best portrait shots of the couple to submit.
You can see some of our recently published real wedding and styled features here to get an idea of our style. We look forward to sharing your amazing work with our audience!
Cynthia is the founder and editor of Destination Wedding Details.She has over 15 years experience in the Marketing and Event industry and launched Destination Wedding Details in 2010, shortly after planning her own destination wedding. Cynthia uses her experience and genuine passion, to inspire brides who are planning their dream wedding away from home.