Destination Wedding Details is always looking for real destination wedding or trash the dress submissions from professional photographers. Please keep in mind that in order for your submission to be accepted, it must include as many wedding detail shots as possible.
This site is all about inspiring destination and beach brides to think outside of the box with fun, unique, and creative ideas. We like to feature photos from all real destination weddings, whether it was a simple, intimate ceremony or a huge, extravagant celebration. The most important requirement is that the photos have a strong attention to the details.
How to Submit:
- Via Two Bright Lights (this is my preferred method of submission)
- Zip File sent to cynthia (at) DestinationWeddingDetails (dotcom) or via Drop Box, with the subject line: Real Destination Wedding
- Please submit at least 80-100 photos from the wedding
- All Photos must be at least 750px wide
- High Resolution JPEG format
- Please include a full list of vendors with your submission, including links.
- Please include the bride’s email address with your submission, if possible.
- I always like to contact the Bride to get some insight into her inspiration and vendors she personally used. If for any reason, it is not possible to submit the bride’s information, please share as much information as you can about the wedding day and any special moments/details.
Here are some ideas of the types of photos you should consider submitting:
- Photojournalistic/candid shots of the bride and groom (getting ready, first kiss, walking down the aisle, etc)
- Decorations (flowers, chuppa, arch, table, chairs, reception décor, etc..)
- Bride’s accessories (full body shots of the bride’s dress, veil, bouquet, jewelry, shoes, hair)
- Scenery (scene setting shots, ceremony venue, reception venue, sunset/sunrise shots)
- Giveaways (welcome bags, favors, keepsakes, etc..)
- Stationary (escort cards, seating cards, invitations, menu, guest books, signs)
- Food (cake, buffet, candy bar, specialty drinks)
- Bridal Party’s Attire (shots of bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen attire)
- Any decoration or detail that stands out or is unique
- A few portraits of the bride and groom. The key word here is “few”. While I want to see portraits of the bride and groom, they should not makeup the majority of the album. Choose your very best portrait shots of the couple to send.
Featured:17 Welcome Bags & Favors Your Guests Will LOVE (and ones they won’t)!
Welcome bags and favors are a great way to show your love and appreciation to your family/friends who are attending your destination wedding. To get some ideas of the best favors and welcome bags, we polled hundreds of destination brides who already got married. They shared their thoughts on the type of welcome bag items and favors their guests loved, as well as the misses.
Do You Have a Destination Wedding Planning Question?
We have answers! Check out 11 frequently asked questions plus ask any question on your mind and we’ll answer you personally.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Debonair Vineyard Garden Wedding Inspiration in Verona Italy - October 11, 2017
- A Gorgeous White Orchid Beach House Wedding in Maui - October 10, 2017
- Cliffside Beach Wedding in Hawaii - October 6, 2017