Looking for a creative save the date? Destination weddings open up a lot of creative possibilities!
Using cut out paper planes as a save the date for destination weddings is a pretty novel and unusual idea. I love it because its fun, playful, laid back and unique – all the qualities of destination weddings.
Not only will these set the tone, and put your guests in a travel mood, they’ll also conjure some feel-good childhood memories 🙂
But the very best part?
They are super easy to make and incredibly easy on the budget. Just download the FREE template and follow the easy step by step instructions below.
80lb metallic cover stock 8.5×11
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Microsoft word or powerpoint
Save the Date, Destination Weddings Paper Plane Template
There are two different templates and you can choose depending on what software you own.
Microsoft Word template this is the easiest to use but has the least design flexibility. If youre not comfortable with do-it-yourself projects, this is a very easy template to use. If you know how to type on a word document, you can use this template- it’s that easy.
Microsoft Powerpoint this template is also easy to use and gives you the most design flexibility. If you own powerpoint software, I suggest you use this template. You’ll be able to make minor adjustments like rotating the text so that it reads at an angle like the example pictured above.
How to download the template
All you have to do is sign up for my monthly destination weddings tips & ideas newsletter and youll be able to download the template instantly. Go ahead and do that now, it will take you 30 seconds.
After you download the file, follow the step by step instructions below.
How to customize the template using your own words, fonts and colors
- Using your mouse, highlight the words in the text box and replace them with your own wedding lingo.
- Once you’re happy with your wording, select your font type from the drop down menu.
- Next, choose your desired font size from the drop down menu
TIP: Don’t choose a font size that is too large or you will alter the formatting of the template. Depending on your font type, the maximum font size you should use is 24.***
- Choose the font color for the text – highlight all the words, then choose a color from the font color drop down menu
- Now put your mouse inside the text box on the bottom of the page and repeat all the steps from above
Youre done with this part . Pretty simple, huh?!
How to print, cut and fold your save the date destination weddings template to look like a paper airplane
- Print the page You will probably see this message, ”The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page. Do you want to continue?”Click YES
- Fold the sheet of paper the long way, making sure the words are facing out towards you
- With the paper folded in half, use your paper cutter or scissors to cut along the dotted line
- Now you’re going to unfold the sheet of paper, and fold it again but this time the words are going to face in so that the blank side of the sheet is facing out towards you.
- Next fold the side flaps, one at a time, so that the text is facing outward towards you again.
That’s all folks!
A save the date for destination weddings that is as fun and unique as it is easy and affordable.
- Unique Destination Wedding Save the Dates
- Destination Wedding Invitation Ideas
- Creative Wording for your Destination Wedding Invites
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- A Stunning Glacier Destination Wedding in Alaska - December 22, 2016
- All-Inclusive Destination Wedding Resorts in Mexico for all Budgets - December 15, 2016
- Travel Jewelry for Your Honeymoon - December 6, 2016