Have you been searching for a destination wedding packing list? Well, you’ve come to the right place, because I’ve got the only checklist you’ll need to make sure you don’t forget a thing!
You’ve probably already figured out that packing for your destination wedding is unlike packing for any other vacation. It’s such a unique trip, and the items you’ll need go way beyond what you’d have to pack for a regular vacation or even your honeymoon.
It’s easy to get stressed out and forget some really critical items, especially when you have so many other things to plan and worry about. That’s why I’ve compiled the ultimate checklist to make sure you don’t forget a thing!
And because I’m all about making your life easier and stress-free, I even created a pdf version so you can print it out and check off each item right before you head to the airport!
Destination Wedding Packing List: Most important Items
- Wedding Rings
- Wedding Dress/Gown
- Wedding tux/suit
- Wedding Day Shoes
- Visas (where necessary)
- Copies of your birth certificates
- Plane tickets/itinerary/boarding passes
- Credit card/travelers checks/cash
NOTE: All of the above should be packed in your carry on luggage
Destination Wedding Packing List: Pre-Wedding Week
- Strapless Swimwear (to avoid tan lines on your wedding day)
- Welcome bag items
Destination Wedding Packing List: Wedding Day Essentials
- Wedding night lingerie/undergarments
- Guest Favors
- Wedding day Jewelry (earrings, bracelet, necklace)
- Something old, new, borrowed, blue
- If you’re bringing your own silk/Real Touch bouquet, don’t forget to pack it
- Ipod loaded with music for your reception
- Your vows
- Change of shoes/slippers for dancing at the reception
- Tiara or hair clip
- Cake topper
- Seating/place cards/Table Numbers (if you’re bringing your own)
- Aisle runner
- Guest book
- Traditional Ceremony celebration items (i.e. Unity candle or sand ceremony supplies)
- Ring bearer accessories (i.e. Pillow)
- One of your invitations for the photography
Destination Wedding Packing List: Toiletries/Personal Items
- Extra Contact lenses
- Reading glasses
- Insect repellent
- Aloe vera
- Toothpaste & toothbrush
- Shaving cream
- Nail clippers
- Nail filer/emory board
- Nail polish and remover
Destination Wedding Packing List: Hair/Makeup
- Makeup (blush, mascara, foundation, eyeliner, lipstick/gloss, eyeshadow, etc.)
- Makeup brushes
- Moisturizer, eye cream, etc..
- Makeup remover
- Facial cleanser
- Hair gel
- Flat iron and/or curling iron
Destination Wedding Packing List: Electronics
- Memory card
- Camera charger
- Cell Phone
- Phone charger
Destination Wedding Packing List: Important Paperwork
- Copies of all vendor/Resort/Venue contracts
- List of all vendor contact info
- Proof of down payments you’ve made to vendors
- Receipts for favors/welcome bags (to show when crossing Borders & Customs)
- Photocopies of any vaccination document/prescriptions/health insurance cards
- Trip insurance
- Your wedding planning binder with all the details you’ve already arranged, printouts of all email communications with vendors, contracts, etc
- Phone number of the closest US embassy
- Marriage certificate if you had your legal ceremony at home and will be having a religious ceremony abroad (they will sometimes require proof that you are legally married)
Destination Wedding Packing Checklist: Miscellaneous
- Groom’s Gift
- Bridesmaid’s gifts
- Parent’s gifts
- TSA Approved Luggage locks
- Luggage tags
- Beach bag
- Trash the dress attire (if different from your wedding gown)
- Scissors, ribbon, and tape for any last minute DIY wedding projects
- Safety pins
- Travel sewing kit
Destination Wedding Packing Checklist: Honeymoon
- Sexy lingerie
- Summer dresses
- Walking shoes/sandals
- Sun hats
- Cardigan or wrap for chilly air conditioned airports and restaurants
- Swimsuit cover up
- Evening dresses/shoes
- Strapless bras for strapless outfits
- Evening bag/purse
- Lip balm
Other important tips to note before you leave:
- Leave a copy of your passport at home with someone who’s not traveling to your destination wedding.
- Call your cell phone provider and inquire about adding an international package to your plan for the week or two you will be abroad. Depending on your phone carrier you might be able to get this for free if traveling to Mexico or for a small prorated fee if traveling to the Caribbean. An international plan on your phone will allow you to communicate with family/friends or vendors without incurring enormous roaming fees.
- If you have a smart phone and do not have an international data plan, make sure you turn off your data while abroad or you could incur outrageous fees when your phone automatically updates email/text messages EVEN if you don’t use your phone. Call you phone company for details.
So there you have it, the ultimate destination wedding packing checklist! I hope you find it helpful. Do you have something to add? Please add your suggestions in the comment box below.
- Click here to get the ultimate destination wedding to-do checklist
- Traveling with Your Wedding Dress
- 15 tips on packing for your destination wedding
- DW Planning Do’s & Dont’s
- Download free destination wedding planning worksheets including Budgeting, RSVP, and Seating Plan trackers
Featured:17 Welcome Bags & Favors Your Guests Will LOVE (and ones they won’t)!
Welcome bags and favors are a great way to show your love and appreciation to your family/friends who are attending your destination wedding. To get some ideas of the best favors and welcome bags, we polled hundreds of destination brides who already got married. They shared their thoughts on the type of welcome bag items and favors their guests loved, as well as the misses.
Do You Have a Destination Wedding Planning Question?
We have answers! Check out 11 frequently asked questions plus ask any question on your mind and we’ll answer you personally.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Debonair Vineyard Garden Wedding Inspiration in Verona Italy - October 11, 2017
- A Gorgeous White Orchid Beach House Wedding in Maui - October 10, 2017
- Cliffside Beach Wedding in Hawaii - October 6, 2017