5 Best Destination Wedding Dresses
The next category in the Destination Wedding Details countdown is a list of the 5 Best Destination Wedding Dresses featured on this blog this year. This list counts down my favorite beach friendly gowns, and the images you pinned the most on Pinterest from this blog.
Destination Wedding Details’ Top 5 Dresses of the Year
5. This gown is from Wtoo’s 2014 collection which was inspired by the designer’s trip to Tuscany, Italy. I absolutely love mermaid and trumpet gowns but that’s just one of the reasons this was one of my faves of the year. I also like the beading in the bodice and the tulle skirt.
4. The tea length Maggie Sottero wedding dress pictured below is the one dress that single handedly changed my opinion on short wedding dresses. It was love at first sight. If I could go back in time, I’m pretty sure I would’ve tied the knot in this dress or at least change into it for the reception.
3. Stagerred hemlines like the one pictured below are considered by some, to be the best destination wedding dresses because it’s a combination of informal and classic. You can show off your legs in the front but have a more formal train-like detail in the back. The strapless neckline is sexy and modern while the silky and soft organza fabric will move with you.
2. This little number right here is hot, hot, hot! It is daring, dramatic and sexy as heck. Not everyone can pull this off but if you’re having a casual, beach wedding and you don’t mind showing off some skin, this is one of the best destination wedding dresses you will find. It was a big hit on Pinterest too, with thousands of pins from this blog.
1. I first previewed this next Wtoo Destination Wedding Dress on this blog before it was even available for sale in stores. When I first saw it, I loved everything about it but I have to say I was not prepared for the popularity it would gain with my readers. This dress got thousands & thousands of pins on Pinterest and it became the most pinned image from my blog this year. It really is a sight to see isn’t it? I was pretty excited that my favorite dress was yours too. I hope you found inspiration from our list of best destination wedding dresses. We’re looking forward to bringing you more of the latest designer trends throughout the year!
Credits: Dresses #3, 4 & 5 courtesy of Wtoo
Featured:Unique Poolside Bachelorette Party Inspiration
This unique tropical poolside bachelorette party is #GOALS! The décor was tropical, colorful and fun – bringing a cheery vibe that set the tone for a flawless and relaxed day. There were tons of personalized details –from sunscreen and chapstick, to soda and champagne, sun hats and fans, magazines, personalized tumblers, and even a wet bikini bag to hold their suit while they slipped into some adorable “Bride’s Beaches” cover-ups. Of course, what’s a good party without some fun games? Tons of fun ideas in this post. Read more
Featured:New Orleans Destination Weddings
Here at Destination Wedding Details, we’ve seen it all: weddings at the beach, in the mountains, in the desert, and in pretty much every country. ALL beautiful, mind you… but through our years of observing what exactly makes for a GREAT wedding, we’ve surmised this: it must be FUN for you and your guests. So, ask yourself this: what city is more fun than New Orleans? Read our full post to discover when, where and how to get married in NOLA.
Do You Have a Destination Wedding Planning Question?
We have answers! Check out 11 frequently asked questions plus ask any question on your mind and we’ll answer you personally.
Cynthia is the founder and editor of Destination Wedding Details.She has over 15 years experience in the Marketing and Event industry and launched Destination Wedding Details in 2010, shortly after planning her own destination wedding. Cynthia uses her experience and genuine passion, to inspire brides who are planning their dream wedding away from home.